Owner, Lead Photographer and enthusiast of anything with brown butter or aioli



Meet Shelby

About

-  Shelby

I started my career in the creative world as a wedding & portrait photographer in 2015. I have always had a passion for cooking & baking, and about a year into my business, my two loves merged into what I knew would be the area of photography that I would pursue. I entered the commercial food photography space in 2017. I have shot everything from Michelin Star restaurants and Master Sommeliers to home-town bakeries and local eateries. I believe good food is an art, and worthy of being represented as such. I really have a deep desire to capture that for my clients. All things culinary is my specialty and I can’t wait to bring your food to life!

I really love making food look as beautifully inviting and delicious as possible

I love colorful and fun food

Food has always been my love language. Whether it’s food or imagery, I love bringing people joy with the things I create. 

My Why

1. I know 99% of people struggle with my maiden and married names. You pronounce Tsika, SEE-KAH. Marquardt, MAR-KWOART.

6. I am obsessed with podcasts and audiobooks

2. I’m an introverted, extrovert who loves people, but needs to recharge.

5. I really like being invested in a certain type of cuisine for a bit and fully diving into it. My favorites: Nordic, Japanese and British baking

4. I grew up half in Western North Carolina & half in South Texas! The Blue Ridge Mountains have my heart.

3. My idea of a good vacation is doing intense research on the food history in that city and diving in to all the local restaurants 

The Sparknotes

Podcast Addict

Love anything with Cholula

Travel Addict

16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


My Prayer for You

Ephesians 3:16-19

Next

WENT FULL TIME IN MY PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS

Late 2016

Shot for anyone who would hire me (weddings, branding, portrait work etc.), while still hustling in part time jobs

2016

First paid food shoot

March 8, 2017

I taught myself how to cook and bake and found a deep passion for food

2016

Filed for a DBA

2015

Shot for anyone who would hire me (weddings, branding, portrait work etc.), while still hustling in part time jobs

2016

Late 2016

WENT FULL TIME IN MY PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS

• THE TIMELINE •

LAST

shot lots of brands, weddings and people, but hustled behind the scenes to gain experience in the world of food photography

 took on more food clients than ever before, and really started to feel a shift in my business goals

2018-2019

Shot my first cookbook 

2019

Shot on assignment for a large magazine in Houston, Texas doing my first food editorial

Summer 2019

the food and restaurant photography portion of my business took over completely, and I stopped taking on any other kind of client

EARLY 2020

2017

• THE TIMELINE •

START OVER

THE FOOD AND RESTAURANT PHOTOGRAPHY PORTION OF MY BUSINESS TOOK OVER COMPLETELY, AND I STOPPED TAKING ON ANY OTHER KIND OF CLIENT

EARLY 2020

Dove into recipe development and started a personal food and recipe blog/website during a global pandemic

Spring 2020 

Started to gain momentum in the wholesale food space. 70% of my clients shipped their food products to me and I did shoots from home. The other 30% of my clients were restaurants that needed to-go style marketing imagery

MID-LATE 2020

got a studio space for my food photography, complete with a full kitchen

JANUARY 2021

Shooting all things food and drink! Cookbooks, chefs, restaurants, magazines, wholesale brands and so much more

2021 - PRESENT

• THE TIMELINE •

RECIPE JOURNAL

featured RECENTLY in the